Old July 27th 03, 03:31 AM
lk

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
y.com...

"Keith" wrote in message
On 26 Jul 2003 04:25:19 GMT, Alun Palmer wrote:

A better idea than just operating. They might even agree, although I
wouldn't bank on it.

Another problem that was pointed out to me are people with

disabilities.
According to the American with Disabilities Act the government can not
discriminate against disabled people .
Now that s25.5 is international law the government must now accommodate
disabled people and they must do it without reasonable delay.

A 5wpm code test does not discriminate against Americans with

disabilities.
Disabled people have passed while their unhandicapped brethren have sat on
the sideline whining about the code.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Actual it is discrimination, but that beside the point. The FCC should not
deleted
47 CFR 97.503(a) because of ADA - it should deleted it because it: (1) is
unnecessary,
(2) is bad public policy, (3) it servse no legitimate government purpose,
and (4) is not
in conformity with 5 USC 706(2)(A). At WRC 2003, no nation member spoke
in favor retaining ITU rule S25.5.

Whinning? I think you mean winning. We are sat the winning side of the
debate
to end Morse code exams.

Dee, it not necessary to insult people, just tell Keith that the WRC 2003
delete
the international requirement; and the FCC, in due course will delete
the domestic requirement.

Larry Klose, KC8EPO