Old July 27th 03, 04:26 AM
Mike Coslo

Kim W5TIT wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dee D. Flint wrote:

"Keith" wrote in message

On 26 Jul 2003 04:25:19 GMT, Alun Palmer wrote:

A better idea than just operating. They might even agree, although I
wouldn't bank on it.

Another problem that was pointed out to me are people with

disabilities.

According to the American with Disabilities Act the government can not
discriminate against disabled people .
Now that s25.5 is international law the government must now accommodate
disabled people and they must do it without reasonable delay.

A 5wpm code test does not discriminate against Americans with

disabilities.

Disabled people have passed while their unhandicapped brethren have sat

on

the sideline whining about the code.

Right on Dee.

I am d**m near deaf, and if a guy who reads lips can learn morse, then
most everyone can.

- Mike KB3EIA -

An early acquaintance in ham radio could "read" CW in flashing lights. I've
heard stories of others who have felt vibrations to "read" CW.

At one point, I was thinking about trying the vibrating method, like
holding my fingers on a speaker cone. But as a challenge, I decided to
go for the aural method. Wasn't easy, but I did it.

- Mike KB3EIA -