Old July 29th 03, 02:16 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Keith" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:57:14 GMT, "Carl R. Stevenson"

wrote:

. the FCC has records
of who has code credit and who doesn't, so no-code Techs should
NOT, repeat NOT, try to use HF.

You are ignorant. The FCC has no idea if a tech has passed a morse code
proficiency test and has a CSCE in their hand.

--
The Radio Page Ham, Police Scanner, Shortwave and more.
http://www.kilowatt-radio.org/

Keith, why don't you solicit the opinions of some deaf hams? There is a
group called HandiHams that you could ask--if they would respond. You could
also get on eHam.net, and qrz.com and pose the question in the forums. The
question, I suppose, would be: Do you, as a deaf ham, agree that the
government should require that you pass a minimum CW requirement for amateur
radio privileges at that level?

My guess is most deaf hams are not going to mind a bit. Note that I said
*most.* I am sure there are some out there that may object.

Kim W5TIT

---
Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to