Old July 29th 03, 06:35 PM
Scott Unit 69

Channel 19 is invaluable when driving the big interstate roads for many
reasons..I can't begin to count the number of times I was able to bypass
huge traffic jams by finding alternate routes. By the time one realizes
there is an accident and traffic jam ahead, it could be way too late to
exit and search for alternate routes and much time can be lost sitting
in traffic jams. The drivers know where the smokeys are, the best
coffee, food, cheap places to crash, gas prices and the best place to
get gas. Toss in the deals some of the drivers offer over the radio
(Brand New Palomar Blue Face 225s for 65 bucks, Down King Size
Comforters for 40 bucks, and all kinds of goods and gadgets) and channel
19 is a far cry from being "sh*it" as it fills many voids. One man
gathers what another man spills. Betcha 19 is around long after the
hammie bands are confiscated.

You must realize the difference on 19 from city, when I am, to country.
Once you get out about 20 miles, 19 is a whole different ballgame.

Here, it is used by the radio rambos, the CB equivalent of trolls.
They all pop out at rush hour and prevent the drivers from passing
information. They even think it's funny. 19 doesn't work here.