Old March 13th 04, 05:09 AM
Cecil Moore

'Doc wrote:

Hope you didn't miss my smiley face. I just couldn't resist
pointing out that a RS CB whip is more efficient than the
numbers you quoted. :-)

Only if it's got one of them 'Wizz-Band, super-dupper,
all weather, triple-by-pass, monster coils' in it! Ain't
that right?

you said:
A mobile antenna is usually only around 3 - 20% efficient

I don't see any mention of a coil. :-)

But then again, any 'full sized' 1/4 wave antenna is
more efficient than the 'usual' loaded mobile antenna for
bands lower than about 15 meters. That's also 'right', is
it not?

you said:
A mobile antenna is usually only around 3 - 20% efficient

I don't see any mention of size or frequency. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp