Old March 13th 04, 06:08 AM
Dr. Slick

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message ...
If the second reflector is actually doing anything, which I doubt, you
should be using a non metallic mast, and not bringing the coax down between
the reflectors.

Tam/WB2TT

Actually, if you believe the yagi optimizer program, the second
reflector is indeed not doing TOO much, but it does affect the back
shape of the pattern, and improves the impedance bit, and also
increases the dBd of the outer edge of the pattern by tiny bit too.

And i did simulate having the mast at 48 inches from the DE, which
i was advised was the distance where the mast would have the least
affect. Changing the mast length in the YO program does affect the
pattern shape though, so i tried to make the mast a non-resonant
length.

At any rate, we could probably survive without the second
reflector, you are most likely correct, but maybe for the next design.

It first, i considered having the "T" section of PVC pipe move
outwards at a 90 degree angle, and then attach another section of 2"
PVC that would be sticking out, so that the coax would be totally
perpendicular to all the elements. But, this would be a bit unwieldy.

Slick