Old August 4th 03, 09:07 PM
Scott Unit 69

Twistedhed wrote:

From: (Scott Unit 69)
Six meters is booming over here. Everyone
wants to get on six.

I thought everyone WAS on 6.

Except the ones with budget problems, waiting for their antenna raising
party, or just too busy to get one.

I've already cut down an
old 1/4 wave SS whip. Another tailgate fest
this weekend, maybe I'll find a 5054 for a good
price. There are nets on the local 6 meter
repeaters. I can hear them on a scanner. :

Yea,, I've been doing some long distance listening and eavesdropping on
six, myself.

There have been openings on 6 lately.

I still leave my CB on, but there is no one on it.

Must be on the wrong channels. My DX is rockin' almost daily,,...you can
listen to the freeband without breaking your vow of hammie celibacy
while seeking to abstain from breaking rules. g

When the Mexican heterodyne is there, I'm not.

They are all on 2, except for 3 or 4 that can't
make the cut. One guy always uses his box
and can't hear me because I only use the
preamp. Oh well, I'd have to clarify his cheesy
Galaxy anyway...

On channel 2 AM you have to clarify his cheesy Galaxy? Come on down to
my playgrounds,,,,,I never need clarified. Matter of fact, I haven't
changed my settings in years and I get audio compliments almost
everytime I key on AM. Sure glad I got one of them super loud Galaxies
instead of one of the cheesy ones to be found in your neck of the woods.

AM? I stay on sideband at all times. If I was on AM, I'd probably have to
turn my ANL off to clear him up.

Taking a break from making an online
newsletter, listing club meetings, hamfests,
nets and other relevant info for the local ham
community. I hear many on the air nets giving
information. I'm trying to gather it all in one
place for easy browsing.

Cool beans. I contributed to a hammie site for a solid year. It's up and
running strong, now.

It's all good...

Anyone that I know may email me for it's location.

BTW, Hunter absolutely rocked!

Send a CD, I don't do tapes. Zip it up in MP3's. Fit the whole show on one disc.