Old August 16th 03, 02:02 AM
Twistedhed

From: (Jim=A0Hampton)
Twist,
Just a quick question - do you remember J. Burns Pizza and Pipes? I
visited that place. Almost had a chance to sit down at the instrument.
That would have been ... uh .. interesting.

That old place burned down a few years ago.

They were already OOB by then.

Interesting in the same way it would be if I could meet some of the
"gotta have Morse Code or you're no good" guys on the air.

Well, nocodes that feel they reside in some

type "hiearchy" compared to cbers, and who

bash cbers for no

reason except that they ARE cbers,

sometimes need gentle reminders that they

are nothing on the hiearchy scale IF such a

scale were to exist. Those cbers they are

bashing may be hammies,,,,and not nocodes.

Very interesting indeed. Want Jesse Crawford? Open harmony? Counter
harmony? Sigh. Of course, no one on this newsgroup knows what they're
talking about anyways. LOL. I remember Hector Olivera coming to
Rochester. He was clowning around on the keyboard of a 4-22 Wurlitzer
pipe organ. One woman in front of me stated "he can't even play 'popeye
the sailor man'. Good grief.

I can relate big time. I remember a Dylan

show back in the eighties. When he played

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door", some young

girl in front of us said "I can't believe he's

playing a Guns and Roses tune.

Let me tell you, before the end of the evening, that kid (well, he was
young back in the 70s) tore the heck out of 'flight of the bumblebee'.

Ain't nothing like the real thing now, is there?

He coupled the piano down to the pedals and was playing the dang thing
(in ballet slippers) with his *feet*. Every bit as well (or better) than
the Eastman grads could do with their hands. The guy was playing
*chords* with only two feet by bridging his heels and toes over notes on
the pedal board. I just love the 'information' some folks feed us.

I like it all (almost),..as long as it's live.

Heck, maybe you could give lessons in

communications to some of the folks that love

to flame around here.

_

Oh, you gonna be marked now!!

Heck, Jim, I'm a simple kind of man, I like

fishing, I like the swamps, and I like playing

radio, and I like LP DX. Nothing sinister about
that, but for some reason,

some insane folks think I'm the anti-christ

incarnate for talking skip. At least I know

they hear me.......hell, Geogre has a "plan"

'cause me talking barefoot skip restricts his

ability to

talk and affects his cognitive

functions.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA
ps - I *will* give you a holler when I get down there next time. When
I'm ready, I'll e-mail my phone number and gimme a call collect and
we'll set something up. I should bring that Hyster battery pack - 40
volts at 1,200 AMP hours. Problem is, it weighs nearly two tons.

Ouch! When the weather cools (like in 4 to 5

months) I'll pitch a tent

on a spoil island and monkey around a bit.

Gonna see if I can't find a light-weight 30 foot

telescoping mast somewhere.