Old March 13th 04, 10:00 PM
KC1DI

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:53:43 +1100, Bob Bob
wrote:

Hi All

I want to get some ideas on how to feed my horiz 40M loop (NVIS) for
harmonics of 7Mhz. It is sufficiently low to the ground that the feed Z
is close to 50r (which makes 14Mhz - 100r, 21Mhz - 150r amd 28MHz - 200r)

I realise that the radiation pattern may nit be desirable. Space is kind
of limited here and stealth is important

I want it to be "no tune/no ATU" and to avoid switching things in and
out. It is currently fed directly with coax and a 1:1 ferrite balun. I
cant use open wire feeder back to the TX (needing at least 10M of coax)

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

(bcnntp doesnt exist. If important use bcnoop)

I'm not too Sure exactly what you want to do with this antenna but as
you go up in Frequency the antenna will become less and less NVIS..
though it will make plenty of DX qsos. But I really do not see many
options for you except a tuner of some sort.. I use a little LDG Z100
Auto tuner here with my 160M loop which i'm feeding with a short run
of Coax. it work quite well on all bands 160 --- 10M and it takes on
seconds to tune.

73 Dave