Old August 19th 03, 01:28 AM
NAL TWISTEDHED

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
Twist, you made one slight error. You state that the continuous

rants won't
change a thing. I would point you to your more correct observation

that
this is continuing to blacken the eye of amateur radio. I have seen

what
few dedicated folks can accomplish (actually, mostly the effort of a

group
owner). In just a couple of months, he has taken a beginner group of

SWLs,
CBers, and other interested folks and the group has grown to over 250
people. Every week sees several new licensed amateur radio

operators.
Upgrades. Generals, Extras ... it is really encouraging. What is

killing
us are the actions of a few. You and I both know there are both

CBers and
Amateurs who have a blend of different people. Some are squeaky

clean,
totally legal operators. Some push the envelope (2 KW amateurs, 25

watt
CBers). Then there are some from each group with a definite love of
profanity, overmodulation, and just about anything else one cares to

have.
Without enforcement, both groups will have more of the problem

children;
what we don't need are people painting everyone on the 'other' side

with
wide brush. No one will stop every violation by himself; however, a

lot
of
damage can be done by an individual trying to flame everyone in a

newsgroup.
I hope the some of these flamers can calm down before even more

damage is
done. BTW, I hope no one ever video tapes you operating on that

fishing
boat and finds out how little power you're actually running - it

could ruin
your reputation around here

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Jim he is on freqs not authorized to him.......what kind of ham are
you that gives approval to a bootlegger?