Old August 19th 03, 02:24 PM
Twistedhed

From: (NAL=A0TWISTEDHED)
"Jim Hampton"
wrote: Twist, you made one slight
error. You state

that the continuous rants won't change a thing.
I would point you to your more correct

observation that this is continuing to blacken

the eye of amateur radio. I have seen what a

few dedicated folks can accomplish (actually,

mostly the effort of a group owner). In just a

couple of months, he has taken a beginner

group of SWLs, CBers, and other interested

folks and the group has grown to over 250

people. Every week sees several new

licensed amateur radio operators. Upgrades.

Generals, Extras ... it is really encouraging.

What is killing us are the actions of a few. You
and I both know there are both CBers and

Amateurs who have a blend of different

people.

Agreed,,,yet, for some reason, pertaining to recradio.cb, it's the
nocodes and 2 squirrelly upperclassmen that enjoy causing trouble
(admittedly) and "F*******" with cbers (which they also admitted)." The
ugly part, is these lids see no harm in their actions.

Some are squeaky clean, totally legal

operators. Some push the envelope (2 KW

amateurs, 25 watt CBers). Then there are

some from each group with a definite love of

profanity, overmodulation, and just about

anything else one cares to have. Without

enforcement, both groups will have more of

the problem children; what we don't need are

people painting everyone on the 'other' side

with a

wide brush. No one will stop every violation by
himself; however, a lot of

damage can be done by an individual trying to
flame everyone in a newsgroup. I hope the

some of these flamers can calm down before

even more damage is done. BTW, I hope no

one ever video tapes you operating on that

fishing boat and finds out how little power

you're actually running - it could ruin your

reputation around here 73 from Rochester,

NY

Jim

_
Jim he is on freqs not authorized to

him

Not your frequencies and you are part of the problem, not the solution.
You are reactive and not proactive,, making you impotent and othing more
than a troublemaking lid. I'm also on authorized frequencies. Your
deficit in communication is responsible for your misinterpretation of
Jim approving of freebanding. Or perhaps it is your mild retardation.

.......what kind of ham are

you that gives approval to a bootlegger?

=A0

=A0Ahh,,,I see your contorted view manifiesting due the mild retardation
you exhibit and suffer,,,,LOL.... Because you are unable to hold
intelligent conversation with those that hold differing opinions (that
deficit you suffer from), those that ARE able to do so are construed by
yourself as being in cahoots with, or expressing explicit approval of
the one they can converse with. You have a learning disability as well,
Lelnad.