Old August 23rd 03, 08:49 PM
Dave Hall

Brainbuster wrote:

Dave Hall wrote in message ...

. By not speaking out against it, you are basically
condoning it.

Do you really believe that?

Yes.

Do you take the time to speak out against everything you disagree with?

When presented in a public forum, I do, if given the chance.

Let's face it, if we all went around whining about everything we disagree
with, we would soon end up in a mental institution... but not before the
Internet is brought down by the incredible load created by the whole world
whining.

I am quite sure that you, like every other sensible person, pick the things
that you feel important enough to you... but don't blame other people if
their priorities are different.

I feel that adherence to the intent of laws is important. On the other
hand, if you want to run around in a pink tu-tu, that doesn't bother me.

Anyhow, whining about illegal use on this newsgroup does nothing more than
add to the noise. Look at how few *different* people there are on this
newsgroup, how much time is spent whining, and how many years it has gone on
for. It really is incredibly inefficient on time.

This may be true. But it's a testament toward the sad state of affairs
that our society is slowly devolving into.

Either Georgina is too stupid to see that it is making no difference to the
situation, except to make the "pro-legals" look like a bunch of losers... or
the only intention is too fill the newsgroup with arguments.

I'm not so sure about that. Many of the staunchest "defenders" of the
worst of behavior and illegal activities have gotten worn down by the
"harassment", and have left. So, in some respects it has worked.

Every now and then, Sparky makes a reasonable argument with things such as
the SSB efficiency thread... but agreeing with him stops him dead in his
tracks, until he can to find a way to start an argument again.

It is possible to be in disagreement with someone without being
disagreeable.

Dave
"Sandbagger"