Old August 27th 03, 03:43 AM
Jim Hampton

Not taking sides here, but anything .rr.com is roadrunner (cable) and is a
static IP address (at least it was as of a couple of years ago). I have had
DSL for a year and a half and they have changed my IP address exactly once.
I believe that roadrunner was going to try and change the internet address
once in a while, but would expect that to be difficult if someone has their
computer on 24/7 (my neighbor uses her computer as a radio). Dial up is
dynamic IP, but the broadband stuff is generally not. Just FYI.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

"tsh" nospamts@world .com.com wrote in message
I have a question? How does you showing the message header prove anyone
sent jack from a given IP address? When you log on to @****tv.net, I mean
webtv, do you really think you get the same IP address every time? If you
do, you are daft. Are you the only one who purchased webtv? Well, that
might be a bad example. How many people have signed up for AOL, MSN, etc?
That's right millions. So how the heck do you assume that because this

guy
happens to have a certain ISP that means HE was the one who sent whatever?
What a dope. Before you start spouting off, you should really understand
the technology. Check out static versus dynamic IP addressing.

---