Old March 15th 04, 04:02 AM
Old Ed

Hi again Cecil, and thank you for responding!

But since you answered a different question than the one I asked,
I'll follow up with a few more questions.

Are the model comparisons based on power applied to the antenna
feedpoint, independent of feedline and/or tuner losses?

What height and ground conditions are you modeling for the dipole?

What radial structure are you assuming for the "typical 1/4WL
ground-mounted monopole?"

What ground conditions are you assuming for the "typical 1/4WL
ground-mounted monopole?"

What is the best (read highest average gain) elevation angle for the
dipole under the assumed conditions?

What is the best elevation angle (read highest average gain) for the
monopole under the assumed conditions?

At what elevation angle(s) are the modeled patterns being compared?

73, Ed

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Old Ed wrote:

30m should certainly be well within the range of the "universal"
dipole design.

Presumably the gain/beamwidth numbers you quote come out of
a model. For completeness, what does the model say the average
gain is in the OTHER 180 degrees (the nulls)?

60 degrees of the horizontal coverage falls below the typical
1/4WL ground-mounted monopole - not a bad tradeoff, IMO.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp