Old August 6th 03, 06:10 PM
JDer8745

I use such an antenna but feed it differently. Mine is 130 ft long and fed
with 300-Ohm xmitting twin lead.

The transmission line connects to the balanced output of a MFJ tuner.

Used it on all bands 80 through 6 till I got a 6-m Yagi and a tribander.

It is still a much used antenna, especially on 80, 40, 18, and 24.

On 40 it is a fullwave doublet and has about 1.5 dB gain over a dipole.

I have used it in 160 by shorting the two wires of the twinlead together and
feeding it as a Marconi antenna.

I agree with other posters who wud like to see the center a little higher, but
a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Have fun, Jack K9CUN