Old September 4th 03, 07:35 AM
Brainbuster

George Is Innocent wrote in message
.. .

Peter is another sad case. Whoever put up the site with
nude george and voobsie pics is not as bad? But no
complaints from Peter about that one.

As usual, you select parts from a post, twist them about, and try to make it
fit your argument. Sadly, you are lacking the skills to do this well...
otherwise, you would be working in Government.

I did not complain about the Web sites, but referred to the constant posts
promoting them on this group.

Now, where do you see constant posts purely to promote other sites? There
is, of course, the constant reposts from Lou Franklin, and you surely must
know that I have spoken out against his constant use of this group to
promote his business.

Do people try to claim that I am biased against Lou, his business, or even
the illegal modifications that he promotes? I don't see any complaints from
"keyclowns" about me speaking my mind... not even from Twist.
Maybe, unlike you, they do not have a chip on their shoulder.
Sure, I would rather that Lou kept his spam to the level needed to update
the servers, no more than one copy per month. Sure, I would rather that Lou
made attempts to encourage people to learn more so they know what they are
doing. But, I would NOT want to see him or his business go.

It was the same when Voob was posting the same message multiple times
in just a couple of days.
As I made clear then, I do not object to posts on these subjects... but
making multiple posting is hogging bandwidth and space on struggling
servers.

There are fears that the Internet cannot sustain the way it's use is
increasing, and it could all crash under the strain one day soon. Some
ISPs servers are already unable to cope, my old ISP has dropped all
newsgroup services, as they could not cope with the demands on their
servers. The bandwidth it took from their system was incredible, and they
probably got fed up with increasing the available disk space as the
requirements kept increasing.

Add to this the fact that people get fed up with seeing the same post over
and over... and even wasting their download time on such repeated messages,
it is all pointless. The only thing it does is to put people off using the
newsgroup.