Old March 15th 04, 02:54 PM
Tam/WB2TT

"Jack Twilley" wrote in message
Tam Have you determined that the radio puts out the same power on SSB
Tam (whistle) as when you tune up (on CW?) ?

No, but I'm not really concerned about SSB versus CW -- I'll operate
CW if that's what it takes, and it'll be incentive to finally learn.

That's what I am concerened about. You may have a bad mic, or just not
modulating due to some failure. When I wasn't able to get out, I could
alwayds talk to locals. Try CW/carrier with your friend. He doesn't have to
know CW if you are on the phone and he knows your frequency. I would do it
on 10m, away from anybody else. You know you can get 20 miles on CB with 5W,
and you have 100.

Tam/WB2TT