Old September 6th 03, 04:49 PM
Brainbuster

Frank Gilliland wrote in message ...
In , "Landshark"
. wrote:

snip
If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

Would you please explain that to Twisty? She seems to have a real problem

with
such simple concepts.

Hi Frank.

The way I see it, it's a question of interpretation and intent.
For example...

If someone said that they are going to kill Superman, it is clearly not a
threat to a person... he is a totally fictional charater.

However, if someone on this newsgroup said that they was going to find
"Sparky" and kill him... I would consider that as a threat on the person
known to use that nicname - you.
Sure, they may not know where you are, but can you be sure that they will
not find out? If somebody is determined enough, they may just find out.
A little piece of info here, a little bit there... it can add up.

"Sparky" may not be your real name, but you are a real person.
When someone is only known to us as "Twistedhed", then how would you expect
someone to threaten him, except by using that name?

Brainbuster.