Old March 15th 04, 07:40 PM
Jeremy Salch

Mikey wrote:

Jeremy, is your RV skinned with fiberflas or sheet metal? Obviously,
you're
going to have more problems with sheet metal. Also, you said you had the
antenna installed. Maybe you need to go behind the installers, and beef
up the grounding system?

Screwdrivers also give you a few more options. You can take the whole
antenna and mount it inside a PVC tube on the roof of the RV, and run it
horizontally. You can also run the motorized coil inside, and use it to
feed a separately-mounted whip (only a short distance away). In either
case, you still need to beef up the ground systems.

73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., CA

The RV is fiberglass with a metal frame. I hadn't thought about running it
totally horizontally on the roof inside of a piece of PVC, that could work.
But then the antenna is still right next to a fiberglass surface, just
about 10 feet higher in the air. As far as the ground goes, I did the
installing and it is grounded to the Metal frame underneath the RV, which
runs the length of the RV with big metal supports.. etc.

I'm not sure i understand how a seperately mounted whip would work, the idea
sounds interesting but I can't picture it.

--
Registered Linux User #346565