Old March 15th 04, 08:10 PM
Jeremy Salch

Cecil Moore wrote:

Jeremy Salch wrote:
I'm not sure i understand how a seperately mounted whip would work, the
idea sounds interesting but I can't picture it.

Try this idea. Run the base of the antenna vertically up about three feet.
From that point, run the screwdriver coil horizontally. Then from the
other end of the screwdriver, run a non-destructable whip as high as
possible. It would look something like this:

| whip

+---screwdriver coil---+
3' | Base non-conductive support
_________|______________________X_____
Top of RV

Ok 3 feet would be a bit difficult... this RV is a 1990 Airex by Rexhall..
and it is 14ish feet tall. so it is about as tall as it is safe to go with
anything that can't take a beating if it might need to. but the basic
idea is to have the coil horisontaly mounted.. and a short wire or some
sort to the mount that the whip is on if i understand it, that makes sense.

the roof looks kinda like the following sketch

there is a rail around the back of the roof and then the ladder, which the
two are connected. then there is the ac unit in the middle in the back

------- |
[] | |= -- ladder
[AC]| |
[] | |