Old March 16th 04, 12:27 AM
George

Default Shortened 2m yagi elements

Hi all. I'm trying to design a very small 2m yagi.

Using EZNEC 3.0 I have come up with a simple full-size 2 element yagi for
144 MHz with approx 3 ft long elements and good pattern. However I need to
shorten the elements, hopefully to around 1 foot if possible.

I assume the best way to shorten the elements is by helically winding them.

Is there software or design info available that will let me calculate
performance (efficiency, element impedances for matching, and far field
patterns) with physically shortened elements?

Thanks in advance.

George, K6GW

--
Email replies to: