Old September 15th 03, 01:59 AM
BR549

Thanks

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:37:50 GMT, "nocents" wrote:

Sorry if I am redundant, this is the fist time on this group, I am using
Central Florida Road Runner and their NG retention is about 48 hours, so

can't search the old posts.

Uh, Google? ...but, anyway...

I bought a RS TRC-458 Navaho base station at a garage sale this weekend

for
ten dollars and I have a twenty foot mast and I would like to build my

own
antenna, to save $$$.

Ten bucks, huh? Hmmm...

The pattern needs to be at least 180 degrees as I live on the coast of
Florida. I plan to run barefoot (till I can buy some power) so I need

some
efficiency.

Another reply was for a dipole or loop antenna (good & cheap)

How about a J-pole? This one is for 10m; you can recalculate for the
portion of 11m you want to work.

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/5002016.pdf

Thanks,

Hey, at least you got some assembly instructions...

BR549