Old September 20th 03, 12:37 AM
Jim Hampton

Paul,

Those are private repeaters and users of those repeaters pay to use them.
The radio shop I worked for some years ago had a number of repeaters. The
charge (if I remember correctly) was $7.00 per month per radio per repeater.
That was in 1994. Oh yes, the repeaters were monitored continuously by the
owner. One big reason was to ensure that the repeater time was available
for the paying customers and not being used by anyone else as well as to
ensure that the repeater was working properly.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

"Paul (Erie)" wrote in message
I was thinking of getting a little GMRS/FRS radio. Is it true that there
are GMRS repeaters out there that will enhance the signal?....just like a
ham radio repeater?

If so, does anyone know if there are any in Erie, PA?

---