Old September 20th 03, 02:20 AM
VHFRadioBuff

I was thinking of getting a little GMRS/FRS radio. Is it true that there
are GMRS repeaters out there that will enhance the signal?....just like a
ham radio repeater?

If so, does anyone know if there are any in Erie, PA?

Paul, check out http://www.g-m-r-s.org/repeaters4gmrs.htm

With GMRS repeaters, you are usually requested to contact the owner of the
repeater before you use it. On this webpage, there is contact information for
the repeaters. By looking at the page, I only see 8 GMRS repeaters in PA, so
the chances that one is near you is slim. You can extend the range of GMRS if
you use base or mobile stations (at a maximum of 50 watts), which isn't allowed
with FRS.

73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com