Old March 16th 04, 10:29 PM
YODAR

There is a rubber based sealant labeled for marine use, UV resisitnt,
called GOOP Marine...GOOP is a group of rubber products in a tube
labeled under various names for plumbing, household, automotive
applications...end even rebuilding heels and toes of expensive jogging
shoes ...hence the name SHOE GOO. It is NOT labeled for electronics
applications but it works for my receive antenna-boxes & conectors outside.

It and it's weaker cousin Dow-Corning 3140-RTV sealant, have served me
well in Florida against weather...Both flow and are self leveling till
they solidify overnight so you'll have to build a "mould-wall" of
masking tape or something to control it's flow

Yodar

R. Scott wrote:
I had been using the Stretch Seal stuff. But Im replacing all my coax
and noticed that the Feed for my Beam the seal was all cracked and had
come apart in places (especially the braid side. Ive a can of Liquid
tape and had thought of that.

So how do you guys seal your outside coax ?