Old March 17th 04, 02:59 AM
Mark Keith

Jack Twilley wrote in message

BTW, if you have the legs in the same direction, and close together,
coupling can be a problem. As one mentioned, always start with the
lowest band first, and go up band by band. If you have a coupling
problem, it will almost always be one of the higher band legs being
effected by a lower band leg. You can usually get a usable match if
you vary the wire length. Try to get each band under 2:1 SWR. I run
multi leg dipoles here, but I run mine in different directions and
have few coupling problems. IE: if I had a 40 dipole braodside E/W,
I'd run the 20 dipole N/S. Sometimes if you do have a coupling
problem, just moving the higher band leg a few feet can cure the
problem. You will almost never see a higher band leg effect a lower
band to any great degree. MK