Old August 7th 03, 01:00 AM
Dave Shrader

But, it has the same gain as the dipole when both are configured the
same for Az and El.

BTW, the gain off the end of a rotatable dipole is the same as the gain
off the end of a fixed dipole.

When modeled in EZNEC, I don't see an input for rotatable dipole!!! If
the X,Y,Z coordinates are the same then the gain is the same. Rotate
both 90 degrees and the gain is still the same.

Trolling tonight is very poor. The Red Sox are playing. I don't know
whether to be happy or sad.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

W5DXP wrote:

Dave Shrader wrote:

The gain of a dipole is the gain of a dipole.

Yes, and a fixed dipole doesn't have much gain off the ends compared
to a broadsided rotatable dipole. EZNEC says the maximum gain of my
dipole off the ends is "MAX GAIN = 0.88 dBi". I am extremely pleased
with my rotatable dipole. So much so that another element is just
not worth that extra half an S-unit.