Old September 29th 03, 10:08 AM
sideband

Hrm.. Wonder where Frankie's intelligent reply is...

Oh, wait, I guess this is it, as this is the best he can manage.

-SSB

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , 'Doc wrote:

killdagger,
You might give it a try, it certainly can't hurt anything.
You also might try other configurations you have the space
for. As long as you don't double the legs of a dipole back
onto themselves, 'shape' isn't too critical.
As for the SWR, well, it sounds about normal to me. The
'low SWR readings from daylight to dark' type antennas are the
ones that sound 'unnatural', it just doesn't happen that way
unless there's a reason. That reason is usually lower
efficiency. You just don't get something for nothing, and if
it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
'Doc

Hey Doc, you sound like a politician with all that "I don't know what is wrong
but I'll try and sound like I do" bull****. Do you have an answer that doesn't
sound like you are on the Democratic ticket? Post it!