Old July 12th 03, 07:38 AM
Mark Keith

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message ...
"N4LQ" wrote
Why not take a look at the Carolina Windom from Radio Works. It might meet
your requirements.

=====================================

Of course it will. Why do nitpicking busy-bodies stir up worries about
radiation from feed-lines? It's never wasted.

It might not live up to it's full potential though. "Stunted RF
syndrome" I'd rather have the rf radiated at 40 ft where the antenna
is, rather than the line which ranges from 40 ft down to ground level.
The ground losses of a radiator laying on the ground shouldn't be
ignored. :-) Also, the ground clutter factor. Yes, RF does have many
Superman qualities, such as traveling faster than a speeding bullet,
and being able to travel through most walls at will. But some walls
are metal or even "gasp" lead, and this would prevent the RF from full
exposure to the ether in that direction. But the most important reason
is it whacks out my radios, puters, and other gadgets and causes them
to malfunction in strange and mysterious ways. Also, I don't drink
much wine anymore, so I'm not "medicated" against possible mike burns.
MK