Old October 7th 03, 06:56 PM
Hambone the Magnificent

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
A great bunch of folks who understand and comprehend the true threats to
amateur radio.

How about it's greatest threat, this being ham radio has
been technologically obsolete and stagnant for
over 10+ Years now.....?

http://www.eham.net/articles/6675

_
The Tampa Bay Hamfest Issues a Challenge
Dan Johnson (W4BNC) on October 7, 2003
Add a comment about this article!
The Tampa Bay Hamfest Issues a Challenge
In Defense of Amateur Radio
By: Dan Johnson - W4BNC
October 6, 2003
This December 6th and 7th, the twenty-eighth annual Tampa Bay Hamfest
will continue the celebration of everything good that is Ham Radio. But
our celebration will be tempered by a new and ominous threat to our
frequencies and our operating privileges. A proposal to allow Broadband
over Power Lines (BPL) is currently pending before the Federal
Communications Commission.

I guess these fools do not know that the FCC has already
given the green light to BPL...

See: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-239079A1.doc

BPL has the potential to cause devastating
interference to the entire radio spectrum between 2 MHz and 80 MHz.
The Florida Gulf Coast Amateur Radio Council (FGCARC), sponsors of the
28th Annual Tampa Bay Hamfest, has overwhelmingly voted to donate $1.00
of each admission ticket sold at this year's hamfest to the ARRL - BPL
Legal Defense Fund.

Let's see.....about 1000 old crotchety curmudgeon hams will
attend to the Tampa Bay Hamfest. That's $1000
Counter this with the ISP industry's estimated $3-6 BILLION in
Lobbyist Money floating around DC at and given time......

FGCARC is proud to issue the Tampa Bay Hamfest
Challenge to every other major Hamfest nationwide. We challenge you to
follow our lead by contributing ONE DOLLAR per ticket to the ARRL
Amateur Radio Defense Fund.
"I am very pleased that our group has chosen the high road to defend our
frequency privileges", says Dan Johnson, W4BNC, this year's council
president and hamfest chairman. Our success has been derived from the
dedication of a loyal core group of members from 28 ham clubs within the
West Central Florida Section that have come together with one common
goal; that is to promote a successful hamfest.

Yeah, have another good hamfest or two before Ham Radio is
sent into the dustbin of history.....

Just speakin the truth and they can't take it.
(YOU BOYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO WAYNE
GREEN ALL ALONG! IT'S TOO LATE NOW. OH WELL.....)