Old October 7th 03, 07:12 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Hambone=A0the=A0Magnificent)
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
A great bunch of folks who understand and comprehend the true threats to
amateur radio.
_
How about it's greatest threat, this being ham

radio has been technologically obsolete and

stagnant for over 10+ Years now.....?

_
Hammie radio's greatest threats are hammies like yourself, Dave.

http://www.eham.net/articles/6675
_
The Tampa Bay Hamfest Issues a Challenge
Dan Johnson (W4BNC) on October 7, 2003
Add a comment about this article!
The Tampa Bay Hamfest Issues a Challenge In Defense of Amateur Radio
By: Dan Johnson - W4BNC
October 6, 2003
This December 6th and 7th, the twenty-eighth annual Tampa Bay Hamfest
will continue the celebration of everything good that is Ham Radio. But
our celebration will be tempered by a new and ominous threat to our
frequencies and our operating privileges. A proposal to allow Broadband
over Power Lines (BPL) is currently pending before the Federal
Communications Commission.
_
I guess these fools do not know that the FCC

has already given the green light to BPL...

See:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachm

atch/DOC-239079A1.doc

_
The only "fool" is one that can't see the forest for the trees. The gist
of the article, is matters that are of inherent concern to hammie radio,
are widely agreed upon, unlike the few who hammies in rec.radio.cb who
like to lay their life's problems at the feet of cbers who may dx.
_

BPL has the potential to cause devastating interference to the entire
radio spectrum between 2 MHz and 80 MHz. The Florida Gulf Coast Amateur
Radio Council (FGCARC), sponsors of the 28th Annual Tampa Bay Hamfest,
has overwhelmingly voted to donate $1.00 of each admission ticket sold
at this year's hamfest to the ARRL - BPL Legal Defense Fund.
_
Let's see.....about 1000 old crotchety

curmudgeon hams will attend to the Tampa

Bay Hamfest. That's $1000 Counter this with

the ISP industry's estimated $3-6 BILLION in

Lobbyist Money floating around DC at and

given time......

_
Perhaps when you rid yourself of the "Sybil" complex from which you
suffer, you may comprehend. Until then, feel free to continue to pull
numbers from your rectal orifice and set them forward as if they had
some type significance or relevance.
_

FGCARC is proud to issue the Tampa Bay Hamfest Challenge to every other
major Hamfest nationwide. We challenge you to follow our lead by
contributing ONE DOLLAR per ticket to the ARRL Amateur Radio Defense
Fund.
"I am very pleased that our group has chosen the high road to defend our
frequency privileges", says Dan Johnson, W4BNC, this year's council
president and hamfest chairman. Our success has been derived from the
dedication of a loyal core group of members from 28 ham clubs within the
West Central Florida Section that have come together with one common
goal; that is to promote a successful hamfest.
__
Yeah, have another good hamfest or two

before Ham Radio is sent into the dustbin of

history.....

_
LOL..poor chap.
_
Just speakin the truth and they can't take it.

(YOU BOYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN

LISTENING

_

And therein is your problem,,,,,,you're laughed at when you demand what
others should and shouldn't do.
_
IT'S TOO LATE NOW. OH WELL.....)

LOL,,,only for those such as yourself that cemented your lid-like
reputation, etched in usenet stone.