Old October 8th 03, 12:45 AM
Jim Hampton

It will be interesting as it will not be protected from legitimate users. I
did not keep the URL, but tests were run in one area with BPL. Filters were
in use to "reduce" interference to the amateur bands. A test was run
connecting through BPL with a computer and a 20 meter dipole up some modest
height (again, I don't recall exact figures). It seems 20 watts or so
caused 70% packet loss and 50 watts rendered BPL 100% unusable. I'm not
going to say what will or will not be; it seems, to me at least, that there
was a lot of salesmanship and little technical thought in this whole
process. We shall see.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

---