Old March 18th 04, 05:56 PM
N. Thornton

(John Michael Williams) wrote in message om...

I was just trying to add some factual information to the
link I gave, which was just a lot of rumor--both pro and con
RF hazards. Check it out.

From time to time, I read postings about people complaining
about others gabbing on a cell phone while (self-serve)
refueling.

I don't follow what you say about cross-posting. I'm not a ham
operator, so if I am making some obvious mistake, I thought
adding the antenna group would get a correction. Is that your
interest?

Hopefully, this thread will end up by putting to rest
fears of cell phones around gas stations, at least from the
RF standpoint. Also, if I'm wrong, and there IS danger
from the RF, someone should be able to correct me. Either way,
it's an interesting topic, don't you think?

You may have missed out one thing: did you try this with any resonant
loads? Resonant loads are not so hard to come by at the higher
frequencies.

Another question concerns spillage of gas: if youre yacking away its
much easier to spill fuel. I cant draw any conclusions but one has to
at least look at these factors.

Regards, NT