Old March 18th 04, 11:39 PM
KLM

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:00:55 -0800, "CW"
wrote:

You can try to ratioanlize it as much as you want. The willfull electronic
interference of a radio service is a crime. Did you read the part of my post
about signal blocking? I thought not. Go back and try again. If a terorist
is going to strike, he is going to strike. The Department of Homeland
Paranoia is not going to be able to do anything about it.

And cellphone signal blocking is localized, short range, same as WiFi.
Put up a sign to that effect in your business premise. Those who feel
they must have their cellphone access 24/7 can always step outside
the door or avoid the place. That business will survive because there
are a miniscule number of 24/7 cellphone freaks.

Anyway the use of cellphones while driving is banned in many states in
the US and worldwide. What is so different in banning their use in
selected public places. The only difference is that signal blocking
is applied universally in that defined building area, and without
having intrusive checks being made on anyone to effect compliance.