Old March 19th 04, 01:59 AM
Tim Auton

Jim Yanik wrote:
Tim Auton tim.auton@uton.[groupSexWithoutTheY] wrote in
:
Jim Thompson wrote:

I was struck by a thought when I heard the latest Palestinian
terrorist trick is to send a kid through the border with a back-pack
bomb triggered by a cell phone....

The Israelis should get a telemarketer's speed dialer and constantly
dial away... boom... boom... boom...

You would have to have every phone in the nation ring every couple of
hours. They're not going to be stupid enough to have the phone both
switched on and connected to the bomb until the last minute.

Actually,they have to have it active before they enter 'enemy' territory,as
citizens there often notice some stranger fiddling with a package and then
leaving it behind;the common indicator a bomb has been placed.

So you're defining where the last minute is. Israel is tiny and most
of it is within an hours travel of "hostile" territory. My point about
the rate at which you would have to call mobiles stands.

You would have to disable every RF device in the nation to stop that
means of detonation. Removing RF communication from the population
means the terrorists have won. The only way to beat them is to carry
on doing exactly what you are doing now - changing your behaviour is a
victory for the terrorists. I'm British, I've lived under the threat
of terrorism (the comparatively mild IRA) almost my entire life (I'm
28). You just accept the risk - which is very, very small compared to
car accidents etc. etc. etc.

Changing laws and changing behaviour is *exactly* what they want. ****
them. The only thing you can do is report suspicious packages at train
stations etc. Other than that, just ignore the *******s and get on
with your life - if you do anything else they have won.

If you're scared then they have won. That's why it's called TERRORism.
Look at the odds - if you're not scared of crossing the road you
shouldn't be scared of terrorism.

Tim
--
Love is a travelator.