Old October 18th 03, 12:48 AM
Jerry

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
This is news? I guess it may be to some, but it certainly isn't new
news. JerryO has been posting the information about truckstops getting
fined for the exact same thing over the past several years. In fact,
many outfits have been popped for selling illegal gear,,,,,what makes
this one stand out above the rest?

Well, not much. For some time FCC was (is) stymied by
glitches in the law that allowed such sales. The attorneys
for FCC (including RH, btw) have been working to fix this hole that the
dealers have been slipping thru. It doesn't however that these "busts"
won't continue or even
increase (I hope). They HAVE made *some* progress and (for example) Flying
J's I have gassed up at have removed the exports from the shelves. Now, the
ones I
have visited stock only the Cobra line.

As for modifying ham rigs to operate on CB, believe it or not, *most* hams
don't even care if you do that; I don't!
The issue is to remove the offending, illegal radios from use on 10 Meters.
Keep 'em on the 40 channels, and it
becomes a moot point AFAIK.

Jerry