Old October 18th 03, 02:20 PM
Richard Cranium

"Dave VanHorn" wrote in message ...
Not a damn thing. 10m radios are still perfectly legal for amateur use
in the 10m band, and always will be. They have never been legal
for use on CB.

Yawn. Old news. BFD.

From what I read, these were the "dual" ham and CB radios, which never could
be type accepted.

They would never be legal on the CB band, nor type accepted for sale in the
ham bands either.

I believe I stated (above) that these radios have never been legal
for use on CB. However, radios for amateur use do not require type
acceptance. Some of the Ranger units listed are marketed as amateur
radios, in amateur publications. Any use other than that is
(obviously) illegal.