Old March 19th 04, 04:56 PM
aRKay

I just noticed that by cycling the Calibrate switch On/Off the meter
sometimes jumps to the 'correct' location. It stays a few seconds then
fall back to the right.

Maybe someone has seen this before????

Dick - AA5VU

In article
,
"Dick, AA5VU" wrote:

I am having fits with my old Ham IV control head readings. The controls
(CCW and CW) work but the meter is flakey. I tried the Cal procedure int
he manual but that does not seem to work.

Regarding the manual is is useless on the purpose of the Calibrate
control. I know it has an IN and OUT position and should be used to set
the meter in the full CW postion.

What is the 'In' position and what is the 'Out' position?

It does not seem to have a great deal of control over the needle. The
needles seem to like staying in the far right South postion.

Help!

Dick - AA5VU