Old October 21st 03, 11:27 PM
Steveo

lancer wrote:
On 21 Oct 2003 12:24:22 -0700, (Citizens For
A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup) wrote:

wrote:
snip

Oh I see those shiny loading coils must really increase the gain of

the
antenna huh.

I never explained why one antenna outperforms another. I just posted
the numbers. You can draw your own explanation.

Oh sure I supose the 31" S- METER really proves the accuracy of the
test better than using Smith charts LOL.

How do you calculate antenna gain with a smith chart?

From personal experience, the longer antenna -seems- to work
better. Maybe it's the more broadbanded part, maybe it's the
power handling capability without frying a load coil, or both.

What sucks is the tree pruning, with the long one.

To answer the OP, forget the twin talkers, they're too close
to each other.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month