Old October 22nd 03, 04:16 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , lancer wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:18:07 -0500, Neil Down
wrote:

wrote in :

2. All used at 1.5 : 1 match or better

The match for each antenna was not listed, and I can only assume
that they were different. Regardless, what was the forward power
with each antenna, and why was that not listed?

No need

Sure there is a need was the antenna tuned for max field strength or
lowest SWR. There is a difference you know even though Lancer doesn't
know it.

Why don't you explain why max field strength and lowest SWR don't
occur at the same time? As you have stated that you know.

Many times they don't. That's why I tell people to buy or build a simple field
strength meter and tune the antenna with that. Then get a cheap SWR meter to
keep inline just to indicate any antenna failures.