Old March 19th 04, 11:42 PM
gwatts

aRKay wrote:
Dave,

I pushed it IN then out and it snapped toe the antenna location then
fell back to South. I messed with Cal switch and every once in a while
it would snap back to the corret psition... then fall back to South.

Something is wrong

....with the cal switch, probably. Possibly dirty contacts, try cycling
the switch a dozen or so times, see if that helps. It might need a drop
(and I mean just A DROP) of contact cleaner, after which cycle the
switch a few times. The switch might need to be replaced.

Any other mechanical contacts, like the fuse (holder) mentioned? Are
all the screws holding the wires nice and tight? Any broken wires?

Good Luck,
-W8LNA