Old March 20th 04, 12:34 AM
Tdonaly

Cecil wrote,

Jan Panteltje wrote:
Forget it. You can't fight terrorism. You can only take away
the anger/frustration that *feeds* it, which takes time and
a lot of wisdom. A roll of duct-tape isn't going to fix anything.

Those are very wise words.
Thats *IS* exactly how it is.

Actually, we fought nazi terrorism during WWII and won. Seems
to me it would be more appropriate to say: "The fight against
terrorism is a never ending war unless we take away the
anger/frustration that *feeds* it."
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Actually, we used terrorism against the Nazis, the Japanese, and
the Italians in WWII and were very satisfied with the results. We also
paid people like Osama Bin Laden to terrorize the Russians when they
invaded Afghanistan and were again very satisfied with the results.
Moreover, we were quite happy to see Saddam Hussein terrorize the Iranians and
the Kurds when it suited our interests. We were not pleased to have
these dogs turn on us, however, and so we're now engaged in a war on
"terrorism." That's code. What we mean by it is not that we're against
terrorism,
since we are capable of using it ourselves when the need arises,
but against being terrorized.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH