Old October 23rd 03, 09:35 PM

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:13:44 GMT, lancer wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:57:53 -0400, wrote:

So you think the coils do nothing? Me too.

If you are not a keyclown why are you so interested in a 15,000 watt antenna?

Just a curiosity.

Originally I never bought in to the belief that such a short antenna
could out do what I thought was the best antenna. I always assumed
that the full size 102"SS whip was as good as it gets.

After hearing this nonsense about these short antennas I inquired
about what this antenna was and where I could get it. I was determined
to un validate any claims that a shorter antenna could out do the 102"
SS. I was told one of these antennas was the X-Terminator. I ordered
one for testing.

After setting up a valid way of testing it I was surprised at the
results and posted them. It's to bad some can't stand the thought
that a shorter antenna can out do a longer one. It must disrupt
and totally disorganize their supposedly organized way of thinking.

How long is that antenna? (X-Terminator)

Starting from the base..................

9.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then a 9 turn coil 7.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in outside
diameter.

Then 3.75 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the second coil of 5 turns, 4.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in
outside diameter.

Then 5.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the stinger of Stainless steel. 32 inches by 3/32 of an inch.

The coils are 5/16 inch chrome plated tubing.

Total length = 62.75 inches