Old March 20th 04, 02:10 AM
KLM

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:29:15 +0100, "Frank Bemelman"
wrote:

Forget it. You can't fight terrorism. You can only take away
the anger/frustration that *feeds* it, which takes time and
a lot of wisdom. A roll of duct-tape isn't going to fix anything.

I agree with you 100%. But its an emotional subject I avoid
assiduously as any argument that says the Arabs and the Muslims have
good reason to feel the way they do will invite very angry flames from
a sector of shoot-em-all-first Americans. For crying out loud, even
Americans who hold this view (Arabs and Muslims have valid grievences)
have been intimidated into silence by their own side. Until the
American right wing come around to dealing with the root causes of
why people are willing to blow themselves up to take out their
enemies, suicide bombings will continue.

The issue is intimately linked with what's going on in Israel. Again
I refuse to get caught in the middle as one will be mauled by both
parties whatever one says. Was it Mercuto who said "Pox on both
Houses" in Romeo and Juliet? Exactly my feelings.

-------------------------------------
I originally used the term CP signal blocking and there were
off-the-shelf equipment openly available for sale some years ago. It
blocks signals to your establishment, eg. inside a restaurant, in
specific frequencies only I believe. I presume the signal blocker
does not block signals outside the premise for that would be clearly
illegal. It does not jam signals with dirty noise that intereferes
with the safe operation of other electronic equipment which is also
clearly illegal.

In any case the suggestion for cellphone signal free areas is just a
suggestion. Of course it wouldn't stop CP triggered bombings for they
will just plant them elsewhere. But at least there is a chance that
the more high value target - a very crowded place in a high profile
establishment - may be spared.