Old October 24th 03, 08:13 PM
(Scott Unit 69)

Mark and Geri Bertelsen wrote:
Gee, thanks so much for the quick response on this very difficult question.
A simple "no never heard of him" or even a "buzz off" would have been fine,
so thnk for all of your efforts in this matter.....

ScooterGuy

There's no "skips" that allow a CB signal to be heard in all parts of the
planet at once, and anybody that uses an echo box and announces that this
is "their channel" is an idiot.

Mark and Geri Bertelsen wrote:

Howdy all,
Been reading the group for a while now, mostly good stuff...That said,

was taking a few minutes to check the band a couple of days ago and
started talking to a guy who seemed like he knew what he was doing, said
he used to be on the radio a whole lot more, and spent time trying to
skip all over the place. He went on to say that he was soooooo loud and
could get out to all kinds of places when skip was in and that if I
didn't believe it I should shoot the skips and ask and that I would see
that he wasn't lying. Well, I am a true mudduck and can't really do
that, so I thought I'd ask here....
He said he had a repeater for his microphone and would transmit
"GarageBoy's Channel" over and over again and some other stuff too...
but I figure he could take credit from someone else for that stuff.

Anyway, anyone ever heard of this guy or is he full of it?

Mark B
AKA Scooterguy

PS supposed to have been all around the band but was on 2, 3, 11, 38,
39, and 40...