Old January 17th 05, 11:51 PM
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Rick:
I missed your response of some days ago.
Now I understand the actual issue.
When I feel like it, I have a manually adjustable vacuum variable
capacitor that I use to shunt feed a tall tower for 160 meters. The "tap"
is such that the real part of the impedance is about 50 ohms and the
capacitor cancels the inductive part of the impedance. I use an AEA CIA
right at the capacitor to find the right adjustment and then connect the
Heliax.

In your case, a partner at the base might make small adjustments while
you radio back what you wish for him/her to do next.

Do let us all know the solution you find. Good luck. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Rick Karlquist N6RK" wrote in message
But I want to adjust the matching network at the base
of the antenna. I need real time feedback to when I
turn a know. An indicator 1000 ft away is useless.

Rick N6RK