Old January 17th 05, 11:47 PM
K4YZ

Lenof21 wrote:
In article , "Kim"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

I couldn't follow who posted what above, but I think whoever said

"It allows
us to get to know each other better" may need just a little bit of a

reality
check. This is an "online" venue, and I don't believe that this

allows for
getting to "know" anyone. OK, maybe slightly...and then only in a

few
cases.

Astute observation, Kim!

Actaully a very cynical observation.

The "getting to know each other better" phrase is part of the

'standard
boilerplate' of PC phrasing done to make the writer appear like

they
know much more than they do, yet tolerate all others in some
curious fashion of the nobility. [i.e., they are "better" because

they
tolerate the "inferiors" :-) ]

A lot of adjectives come to mind over this bit of bileish tripe,
but "Scrooge" fits it best.

But coming from a guy who couldn't laid in a cat house if he had a
$100 taped to his forehead, why should I have been surprised to see
something as deceitful as " 'standard boilerplate' of PC phrasing..."

It was nothing of the sort.

In a short, don't ever think that this (the internet) is the medium

of
humanism, or personalization, or "knowing" others. It just ain't

so...

Those few of us who had been a part of the "social" Bulletin
Board Systems (as I had beginning 20 years ago) learned very
quickly that the computer personna of some individuals was
quite different from the in-person one.

That's only because you populate the wrong forums and happen to BE
one of those perersons who has a NEED to be something other than what
you are.

Computer-modem communications is only slightly less devoid of
the very impersonal radiotelegraphy contact that offers none of
the sensory clues of in-person acquaintenceship...no sight, sound,
or anything else about the other person. With the computer-modem
linkage one gets to see the other's ability to put words together

(in
varying degreees of coherency), some slight picturing of education
experience.

Rest of assinine post snipped. What a putz. Again.

Steve, K4YZ