Old January 18th 05, 05:07 PM
Todd Daugherty

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...

So why are you broadcasting on a dead band?

I'm "broadcasting" on a dead band so not to cause harmful interference.

Aside from hams within about 50 miles of you, who's
gonna be able to hear it? Still say the Internet is
a better tool for this....

Well so could amateur radio. Let's get rid of amateur radio all together and
all go to the internet. All the stuff the amateur do can all be done on the
internet. I sure all the amateur bands could be used for another service.
Think about it if all of the amateurs move to the internet they wouldn't
have to worry about BPL.

The rules on "content" just say "no pecuniary interest",
no "broadcast of material other than stuff hams and
noone else would be interested in" but 2 way or multi
ham nets can talk about anything they want except offensive
or indecent material or anything that would be pecuniary.
Also no false distress calls and such either.

Pecuniary Interest means some kind of business or financial gain.This
however is all true because the FCC has changed the rules to stuff that used
to be consider "pecuniary intrest" and now is legal for amateurs. If
amateurs aren't allowed to have pecuniary interest then W1AW shouldn't be
allowed on the air because of it's pecuniary interest.

Todd N9OGL