Old March 20th 04, 09:15 PM
G&R

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for pointing this out, I'll post some plots in the next couple of
days.

You will find that, if you download the TCA article it does show some plots.

While we are proud of the 11dBi gain, it must be correctly reference to a
dipole and the gain is about 4dBd (depending on the band). This is mainly
do to the reason that we compare our modelled antenna with the modelled
Dipole (on the same software) to give fair value. This ensure any form of
errors in gain are cancelled out correctly instead of using the typical
2.1dbi value for a Dipole and providing a falsely unrealistic value.

I'll also send you a copy of the charts for your records.

73,
Guenther VE3CVS

www.degendesigns.com

Hi,

I 'd like to know what is the opening of the Degen BBQ main lobe

(2-element
HF quad).
Even the manufacturer website doesn't provide this info, only the gain, 11
dBi.

Maybe something like 30° wide ? Can someone confirm ?

Thanks in advance

73
Thierry, ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry