Old October 31st 03, 09:58 PM
Chuck K8CPA

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:02:20 GMT, sideband was
blabbling:

....gw wrote:
.... oh come on sideband...surely you can forgive chuckie for being
the
.... dickhead that he is....????
....After the non-HAM way he treated me on-air? I think not. He's
nothing
....more than a (bad) CBer with a callsign,

Excuse me? I don't even have a remote clue as to who YOU even are!
They way I treated you on the air???? Now, Please fill me in on the
details! and before you start with your large SOB story as to how YOU
were wrong by big bad ol' Chuckie, Lemmie give ya something to chew
on, ok? You think I was treated with kid gloves when I first keyed a 2
Meter mic? (especially on the SMART Repeater locally here in Detroit!)
Heck no! I was slapped around like every other newbie in Ham Radio.
Now, am I saying that those people were right, No, Not at all. But do
you see me in here whining because someone might have not treating me
like I felt I should have been treated? No! Because it comes with the
territory!

I will say this, if it makes you feel any better, okay and Granted, I
don't know who you even are, now... If I said something to you, ON
AIR, that offended you, (and granted the Local 2 meter scene here in
Detroit is quite the interesting bunch, and has gotten worse over the
last few years, and is why I have removed my 2 meter radio out of my
personal Truck) I do wholeheartly apologize to you. I cannot go back
and erase the things I have done in the past. I wasn't always a "nice"
person on Amateur Radio. But I am man enough to say in a public forum
that I am sorry for offending you.

and by that I don't mean the

....regular CBer, who's generally a decent individual.. He's the kind
who
....would like to run those roger-beeps, overmodulated splatterboxes,
and
....who can't have a decent conversation with anyone because he's too
busy
....playing channel-master.

You seem to have quite an attitude problem. I think you've got
problems that go well beyond your hatred of me. Because quite
honestly, I cannot stand any of that stuff you described above. :-)

....No, I don't think I can forgive chuck. He embodies all that is NOT
....HAM, and thereby embarrasses the entire hobby.

Uhmmmm... Well, Considering you don't even come in here and say who
you REALLY are... your argument is valueless to me or anyone else. and
basing your judgement of me, on what you've seen in here and based on
a incident that happened years ago, is quite inmature and shallow if
you ask me. You don't know me, at all... This group is something I
read for a laugh. Not what I base my livelyhood on... or my outlook
on life.

..

...-SSB

Now Do tell, what's your name and your CALLSIGN???